POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Privacy Myth : Re: Privacy Myth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Privacy Myth
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 1 Apr 2012 09:40:58
Message: <4f785aea@news.povray.org>
On 01/04/2012 01:42 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745

So they're talking about allowing traffic analysis. No actual data
content, just what you looked at and when.

It's rather worrying that anyone "official enough" would be able to
browse through any data they want without needing a warrant. But beyond
that, I suspect whoever suggested this doesn't quite comprehend the
volume of data we're talking about here. The daft thing is, the
technically sophisticated criminals these measures are purportedly
supposed to catch will easily get around them, so it affects only naive
innocent citizens.

I gather last time somebody proposed this, it didn't get very far due to
massive opposition. I expect the same thing to happen with this one.

> http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/12/31/statement-president-hr-1540

TL;DR.

> http://www.fastcompany.com/1826121/employers-want-your-facebook-password-now

Some employers are arseholes. Don't work for them.

If some employer wanted access to my personal data, I would simply
refuse. If that means they don't hire me, that's their loss, not mine, IMHO.