POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What do we need The Onion for anymore? : Re: What do we need The Onion for anymore? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do we need The Onion for anymore?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 31 Mar 2012 13:14:55
Message: <4f773b8f$1@news.povray.org>
Le 31/03/2012 17:43, Warp nous fit lire :

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/26/war-on-words-nyc-dept-of-education-wants-50-forbidden-words-removed-from-standardized-tests/

>   The scary thing? It's not on The Onion. It's real.
>
>   The Onion can stop doing satirical spoofs. They could become an accurate
> news source, and not much would change.
>
>   Every time I think my faith in humanity is gone, the stupidity of the
> world somehow succeeds in surpassing itself.

Time to read 1984 again.

A shame it's becoming so true. I wonder what is worse: self-complaining
idiots that play offended on details, up to the point to make a
competition of it, or the other soup-serving groups...

They should all get a sense of humor and of relativity, maybe not in
that order. I'm afraid it will never happen, in name of PC.

"If we did not talk about hunger, nobody will die from starvation."