POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A tale of two cities : Re: A tale of two cities Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A tale of two cities
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Mar 2012 05:10:31
Message: <4f757887$1@news.povray.org>
Now there's interesting. I had a go with NetBeans on my laptop while I
was in Switzerland, and it didn't keep giving me random build failures
for no apparent reason. And while it was still slow, it wasn't
unacceptably unresponsive. All of which is interesting, because when I
originally tried it out, it was running on a more powerful PC.
(Admittedly in a VM, but it's using hardware virtualisation, and no
other applications seemed unduly slow.)

Also, it appears that NetBeans has wired-in support for Git, Mercurial
and Subversion. Obviously my source control system of choice is not
supported, largely because nobody has ever heard of it. I did try to use
Git though. I /presume/ it's recording my changes, because damned if I
can find any way of, you know, /looking at/ the change history. :-P Just
to be confusing, NetBeans keeps its own session history as well, so if
you just accidentally edited the wrong file or something, you can
quickly pull up the last few diffs and revert them.

Is there some kind of tool you can use to /actually see/ what's in a Git
repository? Because NetBeans isn't being very helpful here.