POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SPAAAAACCCEEEE : Re: SPAAAAACCCEEEE Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SPAAAAACCCEEEE
From: Tim Cook
Date: 17 Mar 2012 22:11:03
Message: <4f654437$1@news.povray.org>
On 2012-03-17 20:11, nemesis wrote:
>> What? The full-size Blue Marble image of Earth is a few GB, isn't it?
>> Never did get back to playing with that...not as much point with Google
>> Earth available to do a lot more, though.
>
> damn, I'm still living in the 90's... :p

Caveat:  the full-size, raw Blue Marble image was split into two
26400x26400(?) parts, one for each hemisphere, but even then most
programs wouldn't load it, even if you had the memory...it's been a few
years since I looked into that, though, and I now have a 64-bit machine
with quite a bit more RAM than I did.

^_^

--
Tim Cook