POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic failure : Re: Epic failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Epic failure
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Mar 2012 07:15:36
Message: <4f647258@news.povray.org>
On 17/03/2012 10:35 AM, Warp wrote:
> Stephen<mcavoys_at@aoldotcom>  wrote:
>> On 17/03/2012 6:34 AM, Warp wrote:
>>>     The war on internet and, ultimately, the war on free speech.
>>>
>>>     Free speech has this nasty side-effect that it allows people to express
>>> the wrong opinions. That's not good nor PC.
>>>

>> What Free Speech? There Ain't No Such Animal.
>
>    There is, still.

Where? Please name one country where you can say whatever you like with
impunity.

In Britain we think that we have the right to free speech but on
consideration it is only members of parliament, in the House of Commons,
that have that right in law. Even then they are restricted to what they
can say by not using unparliamentary language.

> It's just under heavy attack.
>
>    "Free speech is a great idea, but..."
>        - Lindsey Graham, United States senator
>
>    Yeah, free speech is a "great idea", but.

Is it a great idea? Should someone be allowed to say racist and/or
sectarian things or incite others to hate?

--
Regards
     Stephen