POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A tale of two cities : Re: A tale of two cities Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A tale of two cities
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Mar 2012 23:37:53
Message: <4f616411$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/14/2012 2:26, Invisible wrote:
> pointlessly over-engineered,

The difference between enterprise software and other software is that
enterprise software is capable of being managed centrally. You can configure
it and maintain it and check its health while it's running, centrally,
without being there.

Do you get paged when your web server goes down? Can you configure how much
traffic has to dip before you get woken up at night? Can you get a list of
the people who are allowed to see a particular page? Can you track down
which ISP is at fault when the traffic to your site dips 20%? When serving
pages is slow, can you tell which part of the system is causing it? A bad
disk sector? A flakey network card?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)