POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A tale of two cities : Re: A tale of two cities Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A tale of two cities
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Mar 2012 05:25:59
Message: <4f606427@news.povray.org>
On 14/03/2012 04:53 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 13.03.2012 21:37, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>
>> Wait - there are open-source Java libs now?
>>
>> (Last time I looked at Java, all anyone ever used it for was pointless
>> Tic-Tac-Toe applets. Nobody ever wrote actual large applications with
>> it, just small toy examples.)
>
> You've never heard of Java enterprise application servers, have you?

I've heard of them - but I have no idea what the hell they are. Last
time I checked, "enterprise" refers either to NCC-1701-D, a galaxy-class
starship of the United Federation of Planets, or to a piece of software
which is pointlessly over-engineered, over-complex, over-priced, and
sold by pushy over-paid salesmen in bad suits.