POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What makes evidence valid and proper? : Re: What makes evidence valid and proper? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What makes evidence valid and proper?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 14 Mar 2012 00:32:11
Message: <4f601f4b$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/13/2012 8:15 PM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
> I certainly get you point here, but I think it's a strength of a
> philosophy of science if you can permit things like ID as theories of a
> sort and let them fail on their own terms, rather than just defining
> them as inadmissible.
However, its not being called "inadmissible", but rather, "contrary to
existing evidence, which already falsifies what few predictions it
bothers to make." Its their side claiming that its being rejected out of
hand, without proper review. But, its been reviewed. By itself it
doesn't predict anything useful, and its "sub-predictions", which have
been claimed that they could show it to be possible, all contradict
existing facts, even to the point where when they are not trying to find
some new "irreducibly complex" thing to harp on, they are claiming that
the last one they tried wasn't shown to be reducible already.