POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitor sizes : Re: Hardware sizes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware sizes
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Mar 2012 00:53:38
Message: <4f599ae2$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/8/2012 1:31, Invisible wrote:
> Today's cars have
> performance within a few percent of cars made 40 years ago.

Uh, what?  40 years ago, 12MPG was a decent mileage, and you changed the oil
every 3000 miles or so, and added oil in between. 40 years ago, cars didn't
even have six digits on the odometer, because almost none of them lasted
100,000 miles.  Electric windows and stereo radios were luxuries.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)