POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitor sizes : Re: Hardware sizes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware sizes
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Mar 2012 10:07:48
Message: <4f58cb44$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/03/2012 12:42 PM, Invisible wrote:

>>> Yep, I'd be interested to hear the answer to that one too.
>>
>> Did you know that technology has to first be developed before it can
>> be used?
>
> OK. So why spend time and money developing a 32TB drive when you could
> just go develop a 64TB drive instead?

Several years ago I used to work for Motorola in one of their
semiconductor factories. I seem to remember that there was covered
switch that when thrown would change the factory output from DIL CMOS
chips to microprocessors without having to go through the process of
designing the new chips or retooling the factory. It also connected the
new suppliers. </leg_pull>

--
Regards
     Stephen