POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ancient history : Re: Ancient history Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ancient history
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Mar 2012 09:01:42
Message: <4f58bbc6$1@news.povray.org>
>> It seems more like rack
>> mounting is a "premium feature", and you have to pay a serious amount of
>> money for it.
>
> And guess what - there happens to be a reason for this ;-)

That's kind of what I'm asking about.

> You know, people who rack-mount things usually demand some features
> (besides mounting brackets) the non-rack-mounting people just don't care
> about.

I fail to see why putting a £2 keyboard with some of its keys missing
into a slidy draw makes it worth £200, but OK.

>> I'm saying, not knowing how the batteries are different, I can't say
>> whether or not that justifies the price difference. It might do, I don't
>> know.
>
> Obviously they're different in how fast you can charge them, no?

I meant what's physically different about the batteries that makes them
perform better.

If they work better because the electrodes are made of solid gold, then
yeah, that'll be why they're more expensive. :-P (Although... damn...
according to my chemistry, that shouldn't work AT ALL!) If they charge
faster because the charge management chip is different, then... there's
really no reason for a price hike.