POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitor sizes : Re: Hardware sizes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware sizes
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Mar 2012 08:13:46
Message: <4f58b08a@news.povray.org>
On 08/03/2012 01:08 PM, Warp wrote:

>    To be fair, they could build a 64TB USB drive. It's just that nobody
> would buy it because it would probably cost more than your year's salary.
> Hence it makes no sense to make one until the technology becomes
> significantly cheaper.

Right. /That/ at least makes some sense. Nobody would buy such a
product, so there's no point trying to make it.

If there was a 64TB HD, I'm fairly certain that somebody would want to
buy it. The only reason it wouldn't sell is if it was too expensive.
Obviously everything starts off expensive - there are design costs to
recoup. But would it be prohibitively expensive?