POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitor sizes : Re: Hardware sizes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware sizes
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Mar 2012 07:04:33
Message: <4f58a051@news.povray.org>
On 08/03/2012 11:59 AM, Warp wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> So... why didn't they just make the 4GB drives to start with?
>
>    You could just as well ask why don't they make 64TB drives right now.

Yep, I'd be interested to hear the answer to that one too.

And why they aren't making petabit network cards yet. And why nobody
sells gigabit USB connectors. And why there's no 64-core CPUs yet. [That
last one at least has a plausible explanation: There's no software yet.]

Basically, why do all technological devices have to improve in small
increments? Why can't they take big strides?

Sometimes there's a plausible answer. Nobody needs it. There's no
software for it. The laws of physics make it difficult to cross this
particular boundary. But a lot of the time, it just seems arbitrary...