POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ancient history : Re: Ancient history Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ancient history
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 6 Mar 2012 17:00:42
Message: <4f56890a$1@news.povray.org>

>>> That's also usually true. :)
>>
>> Ah, you too have bitter experience, I see. :-)
>
> Well, right now I don't have health coverage at all because I'm just
> doing contract work.
>
> But yeah, I've had situations where insurance coverage really didn't help
> much.
>
> I've also had experiences where support was less than stellar on hardware
> and/or software. :)
>
> Hard to work in this industry and not have that happen, sadly.

Forget /this/ industry; just "industry". Tried getting warranty support
on your car? It doesn't fare much better.

It still amuses me that I just bought a new phone for £80 and they
offered to charge me £6/week for insurance. Or I could... just buy a new
phone? For a fraction of the cost? And no danger of the insurance not
covering it? Gee, let me think about that for a moment... :-P