POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Psychology of comparing numbers : Re: Psychology of comparing numbers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Psychology of comparing numbers
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 6 Mar 2012 16:20:40
Message: <4f567fa8$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/6/2012 1:11 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> That's funny, I could have sworn I said the same thing yesterday... ;-)

I either missed the post or was unable to correctly parse your intent
from what you wrote then.  I was thinking it was Warp who was
(implicitly) pointing out this while you were saying that humans judge
numbers logarithmically (plus some sort of "size-numbness" thing which I
couldn't connect to your preceding reasoning).  In either case the point
itself is pretty obvious, but it's still interesting to see really clear
cases of it in action.