POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icy Lucy : Re: Icy Lucy Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icy Lucy
From: clipka
Date: 5 Mar 2012 17:18:36
Message: <4f553bbc$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.03.2012 22:23, schrieb James Holsenback:
> On 03/05/2012 03:16 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Toying around with SSLT and the "Stanford Lucy" model, I didn't aim for
>> this - it just happened to me. Now ain't she a beauty?
>
> Hey cool ... how about a little summary of the settings you used, I
> could use a little sanity check. I'm guessing/hoping you were playing
> with mm_per_unit?

The Lucy model is ~1.5 POV-Ray units in height.
mm_per_unit is set to 100, so Lucy is ~15 cm in height.

Material must have been something like this:

material {
   texture {
     pigment {
       marble
       warp { turbulence 1.0 }
       color_map {
         [0.0 color rgb <0.5,0.7,0.5>]
         [1.0 color rgb <0.5,1.0,0.5>]
       }
     }
     finish { subsurface { translucency 20 } }
     scale 0.1
   }
   interior { ior 1.5 }
}

The translucency setting means that a photon can travel an average of 20
mm within the material before it is either scattered or absorbed.