POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ancient history : Re: Ancient history Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ancient history
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 5 Mar 2012 15:34:42
Message: <4f552362@news.povray.org>
Le 05/03/2012 19:47, Alain nous fit lire :

> Who said only pairs of HDs? For all we know, and see, there could be 4
> of them on each motherboards...
>
> I agree, rack mounting normal motherboards is not the brightest idea.

Pay attention to the image. There is 2 motherboards per layer (visible,
back to back), each with its Pentium II, and a PCI Ethernet card (1
slot). Above the motherboards, there is 2 disks, one for each motherboard.

Now, given the number of switchs & leds, I wonder if there is not a
deeper set of motherboards (for a total of 4 or 5 per layer), or that
just some small powerunits.

There is only 2 memory slots filled out of the 3 available. The hard
disks are on the mezzanine on top of them. (well, it's a bit of
wood/cardboard