POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The trouble with XSLT : Re: The trouble with XML Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The trouble with XML
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 5 Mar 2012 13:19:11
Message: <4f55039f$1@news.povray.org>
>>> What part of "get a decent text editor" didn't you understand? :-P
>>
>> Can you name one single text editor which can actually change character
>> encoding based on a mere XML encoding specification?
>
> I would bet emacs does it, since it does everything, including sorting
> laundry and fixing tires.

Yeah. But then I'd have to use Emacs...

> But seriously, though, http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=xml+editors

Right. Because my text editor only needs to edit XML. Oh, wait...

In all seriousness though. I could probably just configure my editor to
always use UTF-8. That still doesn't solve the problem of typing obscure
characters in the first place. And it still doesn't change the fact that
as soon as I open the file in any other program, it's going to break
because that other program doesn't know what the hell character encoding
to use.