POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job Interview : Re: Job Interview Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Job Interview
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Mar 2012 19:10:06
Message: <4f54045e$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/4/2012 14:33, Warp wrote:
>          return mData[index];

Given the previous discussion, I'm betting this is the error Warp was
talking about - returning the address of a variable that gets disposed when
this object gets disposed. It's basically the same bug - scopes exceeding
lifetimes.  I'm amused that Ada actually prevents this bug unless you
explicitly say "Yes, yes, I'm intentionally assigning a value to a pointer
whose lifetime is shorter than that of the pointer."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)