POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trouble with large directory in Linux : Re: Trouble with large directory in Linux Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trouble with large directory in Linux
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 2 Mar 2012 22:12:57
Message: <4f518c39$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/1/2012 9:42 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 2/28/2012 19:30, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> I did try exactly this actually, it printed "." and nothing else
>
> I suspect file system corruption.

This has been a worry of mine too, although everything else seems to be
fine, and deleting the files did eventually work.  I also am starting to
wonder if there's something with the particular Linux distro I was
using, since the more I think about it the more I feel that it ran a
little *too* well on the big machine, I'll poke around a bit more when I
get back from vacation and see if i can figure out anything else.