POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of failure : Re: Another day of failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of failure
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Mar 2012 17:23:51
Message: <4f514877$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 15:56:11 -0500, James Holsenback wrote:

> On 03/02/2012 02:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>>    There's a lesser-known trick to help that: Before starting to swim,
>>> spit on the inside of the goggles (and rub the spit on the inner
>>> surface). It's not as gross as it sounds, and it helps surprisingly
>>> well. In my experience you might still get a slight amount of fogging,
>>> but considerably less.
>>>
>>>    (I'm assuming human spit creates a protective "layer" that stops
>>> fogging.)
>>
>> ISTR having tried that with limited success - but  it does make sense.
>
> certified diver (navy days) and it worked just fine for me ... matter of
> fact that's what everyone else did as well

Cool, good to know. :)

SCUBA is something I'd always wanted to try, but unfortunately I
perforated my eardrum when I was 14 (diving accident - off the board and
slapped the side of my head on the water - I was able to whistle through
my ear afterwards, but then the pain it...Oh, the pain was *awful*), and
never went any further with it.  I'd done snorkeling a few times and
enjoyed that quite a lot.

Jim