POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Two theories about Portal : Re: Two theories about Portal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two theories about Portal
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Feb 2012 22:00:22
Message: <4f4d94c6@news.povray.org>
On 2/28/2012 7:38, Warp wrote:
>    I think there has never been an explanation attempt at why you can make
> portals only on some surfaces but not others. Seems like the rule is "if

In the first game, the walls you could portal were tiles and the walls you
couldn't were clearly metallic. I.e., it was evident it was due to the
material of which the walls were made.

In the second game, you have the same sort of thing, except with moon rocks
too, which strengthens that argument a bit.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)