POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of failure : Re: Another day of failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of failure
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Feb 2012 21:49:17
Message: <4f4d922d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/28/2012 4:59, Invisible wrote:
> On 28/02/2012 09:43 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Interesting note. A study done a while back showed that merely knowing
>> how much you burned, somehow, may result in increased loss.
>
> Sounds like something similar to the placebo effect.

It's also the case that your metabolism is regulated based on how much food
is available, how likely you are to be eaten by a tiger, etc. I've seen
studies where people imagined being in danger and (over time) lost weight,
and the doctors doing the study figured it was because your mind was
preparing you to run away.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)