POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's quest : Re: Today's quest Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's quest
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Feb 2012 16:40:38
Message: <4f4d49d6$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/28/2012 6:01 AM, Invisible wrote:
> On 28/02/2012 10:02 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Or, just a search on, "make usb flash drive bootable". Pages and pages
>> of ways to do it, most of them Linux based, but some others.
>
> Someone probably has a ready-made script to boot Linux from a flash
> drive, probably using Grub. But I'm trying to boot MS-DOS. I imagine
> that's going to be harder. (USB didn't /exist/ when MS-DOS was written,
> after all...)
http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

Gives a number of examples, some of which are "basically" what I said
before. But, no, its exactly the same process. As long as the stick has
been formatted, and set up, to be bootable, it doesn't care, any more
than the system does, that its a flash drive, instead of an HDD.