POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of failure : Re: Another day of failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of failure
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 25 Feb 2012 16:35:20
Message: <4f495418$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/02/2012 16:03, Shay wrote:
> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>
> Walking only burns a few hundred calories an hour. You need to burn (and not
> replace) about 3500 calories (more than a days worth) to lose one pound of fat.
> To make matters worse, you can't do any of this too quickly or your body will
> rebel against you. Walking won't increase your bmr. Eat a piece of pie and all
> of your suffering will have been for nothing.
>
> Get in shape as I described in the fitness thread. Learn about tabata. Do
> push-ups. Start counting calories.

Yeah, I wasn't actually attempting to lose weight. I just didn't have a
car and needed to go places. I'm actually surprised I managed it without
dying, to be honest.

As I say, at school we went on a 5 mile walk, and it took about 8 hours.
That gives an average walking speed of about just over 1 MPH. At that
speed, walking 4 miles should have taken almost 4 hours...

> ALSO:
>
> Wow! Things are different over there. I weight over 90 kg, and I'm considered
> trim in Texas.

I used to be 80 Kg. Now I'm 90. :-{ Isn't that the best part about old
age? Now all I have to look forward to in life is progressively getting
worse...