POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The trouble with XSLT : Re: The trouble with XML Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The trouble with XML
From: nemesis
Date: 24 Feb 2012 09:40:40
Message: <4f47a168$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> On 2/23/2012 11:06, Warp wrote:
>>    It's verbose, but it has one advantage over most other formats: It's
>> standardized and pretty well supported.
>
> It also has an advantage in that it's a *markup language*. That's what
> it's for. Just as it sucks for passing around arrays of floats or
> passing pov-ray data objects between clusters of renderers or encoding
> routing table updates, it does pretty darn good at things like writing
> help pages, user manuals, and so on.
>
> Bitching that XML is poorly suited for something it was never designed
> to do is just pointless.

Precisely so, like implementing validators or transformers for xml docs.
  How recursive and verbose you can get?  "Hey, Darren, have you already
wrote that xml document to validate the xml document validator that
validates our client xml document?"

I can't actually believe a typeful haskell supporter (I'm looking at
Orchid) is here advocating an xml document rather than writing a typeful
haskell program to validate data marshalling.