POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Device drivers : Re: Device Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Device
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Feb 2012 04:01:25
Message: <4f4751e5@news.povray.org>
On 24/02/2012 03:35 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 2/23/2012 13:12, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> PSU. I've never seen this before... what the heck?
>
> You have something plugged in that claims it's bootable but isn't. This
> happens (for example) if I leave my kindle or cell phone plugged into
> the usb when I reboot. By cycling the PSU, you're removing power from
> whatever is plugged in, and it's not ready to say "yes I'm bootable"
> before the BIOS gets past that point.
>
> HTH!

I can't imagine my printer, MIDI interface or soundcard claiming to be
bootable. But then, those are the only things I've added, so it must be
one of them.

Since this problem has never happened before, I can only imagine it's
some sort of BIOS glitch. Who knows, perhaps there's an update for that?
Otherwise, I'm going to have to try removing devices until I figure out
what's causing it.