POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Device drivers : Re: Device drivers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Device drivers
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Feb 2012 03:59:27
Message: <4f47516f@news.povray.org>
>> If a 3rd party driver won't install, I'm not so sure that's a problem
>> with the OS.

> You get that *way* too often in Windows imho. lol

Well, I think it's just the case that since there's more software for
Windows, more of it is naff.

Some people tell you that open source software is much higher quality.
And then you have things like KLogic, which randomly crashes for no
apparent reason, and /gives the wrong answer/ in some of the
simulations, unless you save and then reload the file... So, yeah, naff
software exists in the open source world too.