POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Salesman's dilemma : Re: Salesman's dilemma Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Salesman's dilemma
From: Tim Cook
Date: 23 Feb 2012 18:18:30
Message: <4f46c946$1@news.povray.org>
On 2012-02-23 08:53, Shay wrote:
> Give it a try if you're willing to go door-to-door and you can be a
> "closer", but don't expect much if you're not willing to recruit others.

There's my problem; I'm a bit of a shut-in.  Further, I'm *not* exactly
willing to recruit others.  If the person wants to sign up, on their
own, sure, I'll help them do that, but I'm not going to push it.  I
think it's a great product; it has saved me money, personally, and it
helps me be awake.  But I'm a dreadful salesperson.  I tell someone
about it, dish out what I know, then expect them to make their own
choice.  If they don't seem interested, I stop bothering them about it.
  (Unless I forget I've already told them about it, in which case I give
my spiel again and they get irritated.)  That's the internet for you...

> I can help you with closing if you want to give it a try

What all does this 'closing' entail?

> Don't remember where you're from,

Middle-of-nowhere, Iowa.  T_T

--