POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The trouble with XSLT : Re: The trouble with XSLT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The trouble with XSLT
From: clipka
Date: 23 Feb 2012 07:23:42
Message: <4f462fce$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.02.2012 12:53, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> Le 23/02/2012 11:57, Invisible a écrit :
>> It seems as soon as you use any encoding other than the Windows default
>> (whatever the hell that is), things get messy, rapidly.
>

> On Windows, yes. Even two Windows can be messy out of their natural
> country (around Redmond I believe). (e.g. at work we have some English
> windows and some french ones... they default to a different code page
> (that's a thing back from DOS, a time where printers had micro-switchs
> to provide different mapping not only to the 127-255 range but also
> inside the 33-126 range... none of which usually maps exactly to the
> local code page either)

Huh? I'd have expected French Windows to use Latin-1 as well. Wouldn't
be surprised about problems with the keyboard mapping though.

Unless you're talking about the command prompt, which may indeed still
use those old IBM codepages. (But the US-American IBM codepage and
Latin-1 differ as well, so the only advantage the Redmondians have over
you in this matter is that their native language doesn't need more than
95 printable characters in the first place.)