POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The trouble with XSLT : Re: The trouble with XSLT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The trouble with XSLT
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Feb 2012 04:11:08
Message: <4f4602ac$1@news.povray.org>
>> I wonder how widely implemented this undocumented feature is?
>
> Most likely more widespread than you think.

I got the distinct impression that this is a Windows-specific
convention. (Doesn't Linux do something strange with using environment
variables to define the "system locale"?)

> As an alternative, forget UTF-8 and go for UTF-16.

Or that, I suppose.

This still leaves me with the problem of how to generate unusual
characters in the first place. Typing → is pretty simple. Figuring
out how to actually generate the arrow character is not.