POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : --- : Re: Gancaloon: The Marsh Demons Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: The Marsh Demons
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Feb 2012 03:27:58
Message: <4f45f88e$1@news.povray.org>
On 22-2-2012 22:44, andrel wrote:
> In the US there are large groups that are triggered when an obvious
> afro-american is labelled 'demon'. In particular those that are not
> surprised by my totally wrong use of afro-american in the last sentence.
> You know, the ones that think Obama is not an afro-american because his
> father was an african. As opposed to being a slave descendant.
Yes, I know. The usual kind of hypocrisy. Historically understandable
but still wrong. The irony is that the so-called "demons" are the good
guys in the Tale :-). Those who oppose (and fear) them are the ones in
power in Gancaloon. I hinted at that briefly. To tell you a secret,
these guys are closest to my heart as far as the Tale is concerned and
form the "basso continuo" so to speak.

> Anyway, I don't care myself and I know that the variation in body shapes
> is the largest in Afica, so whatever shape you choose it is rather
> likely that there is an african tribe that he could have come from (I
> won't include a picture in this forum, but he is frightening close to a
> friend of mine from Nigeria, apart from the ears or course).
This is a portrait, but the individual is twice human size approximately
and the skin hue is not right anyway because of the grey-greenish tint
(not too visible here, I confess) so, not much chance of an origin. I
know this does not concern you, but I often wonder why .

I shall have to state the usual text: "All resemblance with people etc
etc"   ;-)

> BTW good model and nice textures.
Thanks. The model and primary texture is Apollo Maximus. Otherwise, the
usual adaptations following Ive's technique.

Thomas