POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The trouble with XSLT : Re: The trouble with XSLT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The trouble with XSLT
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Feb 2012 04:16:55
Message: <4f436107$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/02/2012 05:43 PM, Warp wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> Now, it ought to be simple to write a 3-line file that says "take this
>> XML file and that XSLT file, and display the result". But after over a
>> week searching the Internet and even consulting Stack Overflow, I cannot
>> find any way of doing this. I literally cannot *believe* that something
>> so trivially simple is also so utterly impossible.
>
>    I don't understand. This in an XML file seems to work just fine (at
> least with Firefox):
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='test.xsl'?>
>
> (and then obviously you need a separate test.xsl file.)
>
>    What exactly is the problem you are having?

Sure, that works. But now suppose I have /more than one/ XSL file. In
order to select which one I want applied, I have to actually edit the
XML file.

I'd prefer to have the link between XML and XSL in a file external to
the XML file - but apparently that is impossible. (Unless you use an
external 3rd party XSL tool.)