POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... : Re: Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2012 13:30:23
Message: <4f42913f@news.povray.org>
On 2/20/2012 7:38, Warp wrote:
> Jim Henderson<nos### [at] nospamcom>  wrote:
>> So tell us, what should this woman have done?  Just lived with the injury
>> because the healthcare system is broken and she's not in a personal
>> position to fix it?
>
>    What exactly are you suggesting?

We're suggesting that this is the normal way one goes about getting
compensated for the injurious behavior of others in the USA.

If you were on the train, and the seat collapsed and broke your leg because
they never maintained it, wouldn't you want them to pay to cure you? Why is
it different just because it's a teenager?

>    Imagine that she had a pure accident where no other person was involved.
> Maybe she was walking in the wild and a tree branch fell over her. What
> should she do? Sue somebody until someone pays her bills?

No, but in this case, it *was* someone else's fault.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)