POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The trouble with XSLT : Re: The trouble with XSLT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The trouble with XSLT
From: Warp
Date: 20 Feb 2012 12:43:44
Message: <4f428650@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Now, it ought to be simple to write a 3-line file that says "take this
> XML file and that XSLT file, and display the result". But after over a
> week searching the Internet and even consulting Stack Overflow, I cannot
> find any way of doing this. I literally cannot *believe* that something
> so trivially simple is also so utterly impossible.

  I don't understand. This in an XML file seems to work just fine (at
least with Firefox):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='test.xsl'?>

(and then obviously you need a separate test.xsl file.)

  What exactly is the problem you are having?

  I don't know if it matters, but that test xsl file starts with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xsl:output method="html" indent="no"
  doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
  doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd"
 />

(if it makes any difference.)

--