POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... : Re: Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Feb 2012 18:23:09
Message: <4f41845d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/19/2012 13:09, Warp wrote:
>    It wasn't the fault of the relatives of the deceased that an accident
> happened. Why would it?

She's not suing the relatives. She's suing the estate. If the kid died
penniless, the relatives aren't responsible for the costs. It just means it
comes out of the money the relatives *would* have inherited if the kid
didn't injure the woman while he was still alive.

>> - so why should she have to pay for it out of pocket?
>    Blame the healtcare system of the US.

Given that the healthcare system of the US is fucked, it's not unreasonable
for the woman to sue the kid's insurance company to get her medical expenses
paid.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)