POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Americans really are sue-happy... : Re: Americans really are sue-happy... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Americans really are sue-happy...
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Feb 2012 18:20:37
Message: <4f4183c5$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/19/2012 11:33, Warp wrote:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> On 2/18/2012 11:30, Warp wrote:
>>>     This crosses the line between stupid and outright sick in the head:
>
>> Meh. She's suing the estate to get paid her medical expenses.  A bit gory,
>> but remember we don't have government-paid medicine here.
>
>    I don't understand how that justifies it in any way.

I don't understand what you need justified. She's not suing the dead kid.
She's suing the dead kid's life insurance or whatever, to get paid for the
damage caused by the dead kid.

If he threw a ball at the train, and it bounced off and hit her and smashed
up her face, you'd say "sure, she deserves to get reimbursed for that
expense." The fact that it was a body part shouldn't make a difference.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)