POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Two theories about Portal : Re: Two theories about Portal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two theories about Portal
From: Warp
Date: 16 Feb 2012 14:47:47
Message: <4f3d5d63@news.povray.org>
> And finally, the Aura Borealis.

  No Aura.

> You say Aperture teleportation has never
> malfunctioned, but EP2 claims that this ship and part of the dry dock
> vanished inexplicably. That's a pretty frigging big malfunction...

  The Borealis incident probably happened in the 1970's (at least deducing
from Borealis' dock being the 70's section of the old Aperture complex),
while the Black Mesa incident happened in 2003 or so.

  What I meant is that the portal gun seems to function flawlessly,
while Black Mesa has never been seen with any kind of reliable
teleportation technology.

--
                                                          - Warp