POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attempt at realistic skin textures : Re: Attempt at realistic skin textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt at realistic skin textures
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Feb 2012 03:39:01
Message: <4f3cc0a5$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-2-2012 17:51, andrel wrote:

> I agree. When the skin is so wet, you would expect small 'puddles' in
> places where they can collect and droplets at overhangs like the chin.

Indeed. I did the test on myself :-)

> If it is intended as oil, most of us seldom seen females fully oiled (I
> am told it happens at the sort of parties that we never attend). Hence
> it is unfamiliar and therefore unconvincing.
Eerr... I do not want to give the impression that I... well, I mean... ;-)

To be serious: I fully agree and I indeed wanted to test the
(exagerated) image on unsuspecting viewers because I was not entirely
sure how to proceed in this case.

Thanks all for the comments! In time, I shall investigate the wet skin
further (a longer term goal) but if anybody comes up with something
before please show and teach us.

Thomas