POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day of failure : Re: Another day of failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day of failure
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Feb 2012 08:38:02
Message: <4f3bb53a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 15/02/2012 14:08, Invisible a écrit :
>> If you exercise, you gain weight.
>
> I'm fairly sure dancing doesn't give you a huge gut.

Once again, confusion between weight & volume!

"Huge" apply to volume.

What is heavier: a litre of gold or ten litre of water ?
Which one take more place ?

Same happen for muscle / fat.

1. You can be heavy & big. (muscle+fat or just lot of fat)
2. You can be heavy & smaller. (muscle but no fat)
3. You can be light & big (fat but no muscle)
4. You can be light & smaller (less fat, still no muscle: only bones & skin)

Typical #4 is anorexic girl (an apple is 4 complete meals! May be I can
save the pips for some extra)
#3 is often sedentary people.
#2 is marathon runner and the like.
#1 is yo mama and Mick Tyson.
(no offence intended to either, I need my life)

You should measure your "health" with a ribbon meter, not a weighting
scale. It's the small/big part which influence most behaviour, not the
heavy/light.