POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attempt at realistic skin textures : Re: Attempt at realistic skin textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt at realistic skin textures
From: Ive
Date: 14 Feb 2012 20:18:14
Message: <4f3b07d6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.02.2012 13:25, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> ...skin texture technique given to us by Ive a couple
> of years ago (2008/2009) for Poser figures.

Oops. I don't remember and was vaguely under the impression that this
was one of the things I would like to do but never managed ;)

> I am still not sure about whether the bump sizes should be positive or
> negative. I find positive values looking better in general but that
> might be a wrong approach.

Not so wrong, as I have observed that some bump maps *do* look better
with negative values.

> What do you think? I need a bit of feedback on this.

I think the texture of the Apollo Maximus figure is the best you can
achieve without using some kind of SSS.

And for Alyson, well she looks quite oily - as to be expected - if you
are after a wet look there is no other way as adding some real droplets,
I think...

-Ive