POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bistro : Re: Bistro Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bistro
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Feb 2012 03:06:34
Message: <4f3a160a$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-2-2012 1:13, Stephen wrote:
> On 13/02/2012 11:31 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
>> Well here's a follow up in a blue direction ... Still unsettled on
>> objects on the table, and I'm working on a hanging or maybe a ceiling
>> light for the fill light that's directly over the table.
>
> Ah! Just the place for a romantic acid trip. :-P
>
> I suggest, a softer wallpaper pattern, softer shadows and throw out that
> bagel it must be stale by now. ;-)
> I like the composition and all the individual components but the
> wallpaper kills it IMO. Send in Chef Ramsay. (BTW why do Americans call
> him Chef Ramsay when his first name is Gordon?)
> How about some subtle texture on the ceiling as well as a ceiling light,
> maybe an art nouveau glass one. That would go with the fretwork screen
> divider, I think.

I agree with Stephen about the wallpaper. I would prefer a more faded
one. Do you have an uv_mapping problem there? the pattern seems to
expand upwards which is a bit disturbing imo.

I seem to recognize the fretwork of the screen... some old, old macro by
a long-gone pover...? not Arabeske, but another one... I got a couple of
images: laticework, but by whom?

Thomas