POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moray & POV-Ray 64-bit problem : Re: Moray & POV-Ray 64-bit problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray & POV-Ray 64-bit problem
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 13 Feb 2012 21:43:20
Message: <4f39ca48$1@news.povray.org>
I'm gonna use blender then.

Well unfortunately POV-Ray development is really slow compared to other
open source freeware, maybe a reason Megapov and other POV-Ray based
renderers exist, forking the code, instead of team up helping 1 single
cause to get stronger but well, thank God there are good replacements
for POV-Ray, I'll still have it as a reference but as someone else
pointed out 3.7 versions in 10+ years is not a good ritm and I don't
think I'll ever use POV-Ray as my main raytracer that I had intended.
Is my sentiment that many feel the same and are doing the same as I
will, too bad POV-Ray deserved better because I think it had potential.
It is what it is.

Cheers.