POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attempt at realistic skin textures : Attempt at realistic skin textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Attempt at realistic skin textures
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Feb 2012 07:25:19
Message: <4f39012f@news.povray.org>
Discussion at the TC-RTC forum site
http://tinachepforum.forumup.co.uk/about208-tinachepforum.html has made
me work again on the skin texture technique given to us by Ive a couple
of years ago (2008/2009) for Poser figures. In the image below are some
of the results using different figures and different settings for
specular intensity and or diffuse roughness, from left to right: Simon
(Poser 7), Alyson (Poser 8), and Anton Kisiel's Apollo Maximus.

I am still not sure about whether the bump sizes should be positive or
negative. I find positive values looking better in general but that
might be a wrong approach. Also the size of the highlights may be a
matter of debate.

I shall post the code as it appears now to be in p.t.scene-files under
the same header.

What do you think? I need a bit of feedback on this.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'skintest.jpg' (600 KB)