POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's annoyance : Re: Today's annoyance Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's annoyance
From: Alain
Date: 10 Feb 2012 17:37:41
Message: <4f359c35@news.povray.org>

> nemesis<nam### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> there actually is rmdir in Unix too.  And rm dir will only work with the -r
>> recursive switch.  Unless you simply use rmdir dir, that deletes dir and all.
>
>    Actually rmdir will remove a directory only if it's empty.

Way back to the DOS era, you had deltree that would suppress a directory
and all it's content including any sub-directory.
I think, not sure, that it could be used without a following directory
name, and would suppress the content of the current directory... Prety
dangerous if isued from the root.

Also, in DOS, rd dir suppressed a given directory.

Alain