POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Recursive testing : Re: Recursive testing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursive testing
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Feb 2012 04:19:13
Message: <4f338f91@news.povray.org>
On 08/02/2012 05:00 PM, nemesis wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> It's slightly bizarre when you build a new test framework, and have to
>> build a /second/ test framework to test the first one!
>
> obviously you need to test your tests to make sure they will test ok.

Yeah, well, it's a general-purpose testing library. So obviously I want
to make sure it works correctly. The daft thing is, there's no automated
way to do that; I built a big automated system that makes it generate
lots of test logs, and then I manually look at each one to check that
the test output matches the test spec.

>> Also: Apparently "inception" now means "recursion". :-P
>
> did you watch the movie, BTW?

Yeah. It wasn't as great as I had imagined.