POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Feb 2012 04:20:29
Message: <4f2f9b5d$1@news.povray.org>
>> 100 sites?! o_O
>>
>> Damn, you actually follow that much stuff? Jees...
>
> Yes, I do.

Damn. How do you ever get anything done?! o_O

> Bingo.  Thank you, you've made my point.  You *can* actually learn stuff
> by reading about it on the 'net.

You can /totally/ find out prices or technical specifications or look up
instructions. I'm saying you can't really comprehend a fundamentally
different world-view just by reading about it.

>>> Then your eyes are better than mine, or you got a really crappy
>>> connection.
>>
>> Yes. Because it's the connection that determines the picture quality,
>> not the sender. Oh, wait...
>
> Yes, it is the connection that determines the picture quality.

Erm, no. It's the quality that the file is transcoded at.

>> And that's the problem - it seems
>> that to stream realtime over the Internet, you have to accept really low
>> picture quality.
>
> Would you like me to take a picture of Netflix streaming on my 10' wide
> screen with a 3 Mbps ADSL connection?  Would that make you happy?

It still wouldn't explain how it's possible... Every Internet video
system I've ever seen either has awful image quality or isn't realtime.
And it appears that's because the necessary bandwidth doesn't exist yet.