POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meet the beat : Re: Meet the beat Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet the beat
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Feb 2012 12:50:35
Message: <4f2ec16b@news.povray.org>
On 05/02/2012 5:16 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Again, if the blood reaches all the way to my head when it's 4 feet off
> the ground,you would have thought

Who would have thought? Not me, not the way you seem to.

> reaching it when it's 6 feet off the
> ground wouldn't be that much more difficult.

Your heart has to pump your blood through your leg arteries with enough
energy to lift it through your thigh veins on the return. There is less
work for it to do when you are sitting down.
Have you ever felt feint when you suddenly stand up? That is because the
blood pressure/flow to your brain drops before your heart can catch up
with the increase of work it has to do.

--
Regards
     Stephen