POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fitness : Re: Fitness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitness
From: Warp
Date: 5 Feb 2012 10:29:07
Message: <4f2ea042@news.povray.org>
> This gets to the nub of what I'm talking about: Whether it's better to
> have a short high-intensity burst, or a long lower-intensity slog.

  1 hour/day.

> That said, the picture I seem to be getting is that if I can just spend
> more time per day in motion, hard enough to actually get my heart rate
> up, and keep it there for as long as possible, that ought to do it. The
> key now is to adjust my schedule so that I actually /do/ this for more
> than three days...

  You don't want to execrise while doing other things, such as going to
work or to the grocery store. You should *dedicate* the hour to the cardio.

  (In theory you *could* do the cardio by walking to work. However, it's
unlikely that your situation would permit that. As said, you would have
to walk for an hour, on a softer terrain (not asphalt), and after that
you'll need a shower and clearn clothes.)

--
                                                          - Warp