POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Feb 2012 20:31:48
Message: <4f2c8a84$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/3/2012 6:49, Invisible wrote:
> If it goes through their main cloud, it isn't a dedicated circuit. It's a
> shared circuit.

SONET. That's what it's for.  It's dedicated isochronous bandwidth on a
shared circuit, designed to let you merge them together onto a faster
circuit and back out again.

You think when you make an ISDN call you're not getting a 64kbps dedicated
circuit for the duration of the call?

In any case, when you lay cable, you lay down way more than you need,
because the cost of the physical cable is trivial. THe first guy who asks
for a connection causes 900 pairs to be laid. The next 899 require none of
that work.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)